My photo
I'm a wife to an amazing man, mom to a tuxedo cat and I'm rapidly approaching 30. Now afternoon naps are replacing late nights out, brunches are replacing early morning breakfasts, and yoga pants are replacing tight jeans. This is my niche, a place to document our memories.

Being Healthy

To most of the world, I would appear to not have a weight problem.   From the outside looking in, it seems that I'm at the perfect weight, but on the inside it is a different story.  I work hard at making sure that what I wear will portray a silhouette of a slender person.   I wear lose fitting tops, I keep my belt lose and wear dress pants that come up high on my waist to avoid that “muffin top” at all costs.  But when I take off my clothes, that illusion I’ve built is gone; suddenly I am faced with the hard reality that I do not like my body.

I’ve always enjoyed food, almost to a fault.  The taste and flavours amaze me.  (It’s like that scene in Ratatouille when Remy tastes the strawberry, the cheese, and then both together, and magical colours form in his imagination at the experience.)  When I eat, I will continue eating when I'm full, (stuffed sometimes), because I simply love the taste of it.
Before it gets out of control, I decided it was time to do something about my weight.  Since I’ve heard that goals have a greater success rate if they are written down, here we go: I plan to lose 23 pounds by mid-June.  That’s a healthy weight loss rate, at about 1% of my weight per week.  I plan on succeeding by eating healthier, eating more fruits and veggies, cutting out a lot of snacking, eating smaller portions, and getting more exercise.
 
For every pound I want to lose, there's even more I want to gain!  I want more confidence, more knowledge on what healthy living means, and more outfit options.  It's going to be a win-win, and I hope you will follow along with me on this journey.
 
Do you do anything to maintain your weight?  Does a new year inspire you to make plans to lose weight, or make changes to your lifestyle?  What healthy choices do you make that add to your life, but subtract from your waistline?

1 comment:

  1. This is great! I know what you mean and feel the same about my body. but I love that you said 'There's even more I want to gain!' Have to keep focusing on the positives!

    ReplyDelete