My photo
I'm a wife to an amazing man, mom to a tuxedo cat and I'm rapidly approaching 30. Now afternoon naps are replacing late nights out, brunches are replacing early morning breakfasts, and yoga pants are replacing tight jeans. This is my niche, a place to document our memories.

Taking The Bad With The Good

Today started off pretty bad.  I got into the Acadia (aka Stuart) this morning, and noticed weird markings on the passenger side seat, but didn't pay it too much attention.  As I waited for the CD player to load, I started thinking about what disc I'd like to listen to during my drive to work.  I turned to the passenger seat to rifle through the five discs I keep there, except there weren't any discs on the seat.  I wondered what Justin was doing organizing my vehicle for me bright and early this morning, but then realized what had actually happened.  I reached behind my seat for conformation, and found two CD holders there (you know, the ones you buy blank CDs on), but about 100 discs were gone.  I looked inside the console, where I keep some other discs, but they were gone too.  That's when last night came rushing back to me: I had stopped to get groceries, and I always bring them into the house, then lock Stuart with the key fob after I'm done unloading the vehicle.  Yup, I didn't do the locking part of that equation last night.  Damn it!

As bad as it is, it's not that big of a deal.  Most of my CD's were burnt ones, with only about twenty of them being originals.  But obviously it's still a little disturbing and disappointing.  When I got to work I was relating the story to co-workers, and realized the one disc that I'm actually sad about losing.  I've had it since 1997, there's not a scratch on it, and I listen to it every Christmas: Hanson's Snowed In.  I might have shed a tear or two.

Happily my day picked up from there.  Yesterday the General Manager told me about a chai tea recipe she has, and told me she'd write it out for me.  Today she came in with a bag of goodies along with the recipe.  She gave me all the spices, black tea (that she picked up while in India), and a mortar and pestle.  Seriously!  She explained that if she had just given me the recipe, I would have filed it away thinking one day I'll make this.  But since she gave me everything needed (except for a piece of ginger), she aided in my chai making adventure.

The lesson to be learned is that after every time something bad happens, something good is right around the corner.  Oh, and of course to always lock your vehicle!  And just for the record - it's eleven months until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment