My photo
I'm a wife to an amazing man, mom to a tuxedo cat and I'm rapidly approaching 30. Now afternoon naps are replacing late nights out, brunches are replacing early morning breakfasts, and yoga pants are replacing tight jeans. This is my niche, a place to document our memories.

The 28 List

the list, 28 before 29, making lists, the 28 list
 
Here we go again, another list of items I'd like to accomplish before my next birthday.  Normally I write this list a couple days before my birthday, and have it completed no later than midnight on the sixth.  This year, I just didn't plan it into our weekend getaway, and I wasn't into letting it stress me out.  So, today I sat down to complete my list of 28 things I will do before I'm 29:
  1. Get to my goal weight, and stay plus or minus five pounds of it.
  2. Create three new recipes each month.
  3. Lay on a sandy beach, soaking up the sunshine.
  4. Travel to three cities I've never been to.
  5. Go on ten walks with Sandy.
  6. Enjoy a couple drinks out with Justin once a month.
  7. Travel to Toronto.
  8. Head down to the States at least six times.
  9. Eat at five never been to restaurants in town.
  10. Go to a brewery.
  11. Read ten non-fiction books.
  12. Travel by myself out of town.
  13. Stay in Waterton for a weekend.
  14. Go ten pin bowling with Justin.
  15. Find a duvet cover I like and buy it.
  16. Tube down a river.
  17. Go on ten day-trips around Southern Alberta.
  18. Take up knitting.
  19. Travel to Vegas (again).
  20. Enjoy breakfast out with Justin once a month.
  21. Go on a little weekend vacation to Banff.
  22. Travel to Vancouver (again).
  23. Head out camping for ten different weekend trips.
  24. Go on a little trip to the States with my parents.
  25. Eat on restaurant patios at least five times this summer.
  26. Try twenty different brands of wine.
  27. Create a solution in our closet for hanging my scarves and hats.
  28. Go on a wintry vacation, and actually enjoy the beauty of winter.
There we have it.  I really think most of these, if not all of these, can be accomplished.  At the very least it gives me something to strive towards.  Really, I just  threw that Toronto one in on a limb!  I love how most of these things are what I loved doing this past weekend with Justin, just relaxing and enjoying each others company.  Stay tuned to see how many I can get crossed off my list this year.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great list! It covers so many things. Your free time, your body, your mind, your weekends, your relationship with your husband. Looks like you have a wonderful year ahead of you! I need to make a list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list, I can't wait to follow along and some of those are on my lists too.

    ReplyDelete