My photo
I'm a wife to an amazing man, mom to a tuxedo cat and I'm rapidly approaching 30. Now afternoon naps are replacing late nights out, brunches are replacing early morning breakfasts, and yoga pants are replacing tight jeans. This is my niche, a place to document our memories.

Who Had Birthday?

 
Somehow our little weekend get-a-way to Kalispell, Montana was the best trip we've ever been on.  Neither Justin nor I can really pinpoint why, but we enjoyed ourselves during ever second of our trip.  It also didn't hurt that our little vacation revolved around one of my favourite birthdays ever! 
 
After celebrating a friend's 50th birthday in town Friday night, we left for the States Saturday morning.  Justin and I didn't set the alarm, just got up and got ready whenever we naturally woke up, and for me that was right around seven.  We took our time driving down, and enjoyed just being on a road trip.
 
This weekend I losened up a bit on my diet, relaxed and savoured every minute of eating out at restarants.  Although Justin and I both ate too much food, we ate at some amazing restaurants: Cafe Jax, Famous Dave's, IHOP, HuHot Mongolian Grill, Brannigan's Irish Pub, and the Sizzler.  We always love eating at restaurants in the States; we try to always eat at ones we don't have at home (although we now have an IHOP), and it's so cheap - we love it!
 
After my birthday supper, we headed back to our hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn (if you're in the area - we give them a huge recommendation), and had drinks at the attached restaurant, the Blue Canyon Restaurant and Tavern.  I haven't had a martini in a very long time, and figured my birthday would be the perfect time to celebrate and indulge.  I ended up having the best martinis I've ever had: Cowgirl Punch martini, and Huckleberry martini.
 
 
As we walked to our room from the restaurant, we passed the front desk and a platter of sugar cookies.  I grabbed a few on our way past, then as Justin and I started walking away, he looked at me saying how amazing the cookies were.  I immediately went back to grab more.  When we got up to our room, Justin realized he forgot the key, so back I went to the front desk, to get the room key - and more cookies!  Without fail, Justin and I always manage to have a little adventure on our trips.

By far this was one of my favourite birthdays!  The only downside Justin and I could pinpoint was that our trip just wasn't long enough, so we're planning another little trip back down at the beginning of May.  Can't wait.

4 comments:

  1. So Mum has given me permission to use her computer to respond to some recipes that I have tried recently. I tried the Poppers recipe 3 times & got 3 different outcomes. I am proud to say that my daughter is becoming a very good cook, I am very proud of you.
    P.S. My airtime is almost up. So keep sending the recipes, it might take me awhile to try them because Mum sort of forgets to show them all to me right away. But I can't complain because I could learn to operate the computer myself. If only I could find the time. Love lots Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (really late) Birthday! I am so glad your trip was great. I love these photos, so much personality :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Also cute jeans!

    Chao
    Poppie
    http://thepoppie.com

    ReplyDelete